All courses of study are college preparatory. Students are expected to complete a full NYS Regents (R) program.
Advanced Placement (AP) courses are taught in several academic areas. Currently, AP exams are offered in English, Social Studies, Mathematics and Science.
During the third quarter of the first academic year, students select a technology major. Prior to the actual time of selection, faculty members address the freshmen and provide details about the respective programs. Brief descriptions of the three major programs follow.
The counselors interview and advise students yearly about scheduling options. It is suggested that you take advantage of the full range of subjects offered, schedule permitting, so that you may prepare yourself for the best career and college opportunities.
NEW YORK STATE REGENTS DIPLOMA (22 units)
3 units (Tech requires 4 units)
Art and/or Music
A student must participate in Physical Education each year s/he is in school prior and must earn the ½ credit awarded for successful completion of the course.
Languages Other Than English
To earn one unit of credit, A 9th grade student enrolled in a 1R LOTE course must pass 1R course to earn one credit.
EXAMS REQUIRED FOR A NEW YORK STATE REGENTS DIPLOMA
The State of New York has established a requirement that students must successfully pass selected Regents Comprehensive Examinations in order to earn a diploma at any public high school in New York State. All students must pass the following Regents examinations:
English Language Arts
Global History & Geography
(1) Science (Living Environment (Biology), Chemistry, Earth Science, or Physics)
NEW YORK STATE REGENTS DIPLOMA WITH ADVANCED DESIGNATION (22 units)
- A student must meet the general requirements for a Regents diploma.
- A student must pass the Checkpoint B Assessment in French, Spanish, or Italian.
- A student must pass three Regents examinations in mathematics (effective June 2008): Integrated Algebra, Geometry, and Algebra II/Trigonometry.
- A student must pass two Regents examinations in Science – one of them must be the Living Environment (Biology) Regents Examination